"ITS ALL ABOUT THE DOGS" -

Multiple personalities
Sad day
Recovery
powered by

My Blog

Recovery

So I guess I wasn't quite over my "bang head here" moment since I'm just getting back to the blog today.  Really, it was because I've been spending so much time training.  Not on equipment, but working on all the behaviors I desire from Tugger.  Being a bird dog and a dog that isn't know to work close to a human, there are certain challenges I will face.  But, I will not allow the fact that my dog is this breed or that breed limit my expectations.  SIberian Huskies are certainly not known for their agility abilities, but Nia has proven to be a great teammate over the past few years.

So, getting back to my "bang head here" moment.  I had taken Tug to the school to train in a new environment.  They recently added a new building and relanscaped so there is an area with a small pond type area.  This area must of had 30 geese at least hanging out.  Bird dog remember......  So first what a great opportunity to place some Its yer choice.  He was great!  He got a little sticky in his behaviors, but we worked through.  Next on lead I released him to "go play".  For him, that is permission to mill about, sniff and do whatever. I threw in a recall.  Yup, totally ignored me.  So, we moved farther away from the reinforcement.  Only took once.  We had great recalls after that.   I got a little greedy and decided to get the camera.   What beautiful pics I was taking of him by the water and acting on his natural instinct while staying close to me. And then it happened.  A few birds took flight and Tug was gone faster than I could spit out the word.   There were 2 footballs fields where he headed AND a major road not far away.  When I lost sight of him I was in a panic.   So, these types of stories usually have this great ending.  All my recall work paid off and Tug came when I called.  Hell no!  Actually, I didn't even call.  I did give a whistle that usually he responds too.

When I finally found him, the geese were gone, but 2 seagulls were occupying him.  I was able to gather him up, place him in his crate and go home.

The unfortunate part is now that he was so HIGHLY reinforced for what I've been working so hard against, I have some work to do.  BANG HEAD HERE!

But, it was a good lesson to learn and we will continue on our training.....

19 Comments to Recovery:

Comments RSS
chanel wallet iphone 5 case on Friday, December 21, 2012 4:01 AM
Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly return.

Petra Pond on Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:59 AM
Yes a good lesson learnt. Petra Pond

fantastic watches uk on Friday, April 19, 2013 8:57 PM
Several five star swiss watches cost a lot to help you specifically where most people cannot afford each of them. they will also fail to give the appearance and therefore fuctionalilty you would expect received from an incredible raised price. This is unhappy. The watch is a brilliant cost since persists and has programs and investigate during a pay attention to.

tv series on dvd on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:15 PM
are very suitable for people who love sports. To a large

Tengda GT-N7100+ on Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:34 AM
Thanks , I've just been looking for info about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest okna warszawa I have discovered so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure about the source?

tibet travel operator on Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:32 AM
I recently started a blog, the info you offer on this web site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time

S3850 Smartphone on Monday, June 03, 2013 10:26 PM
Hey. Thanks for the awesome information, I liked your site.

wordcounter on Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:59 AM
Reply to comment

Silicone mold and vacuum casting manufacturer on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:44 PM
sk The animations technology has begun to shift away from traditional method towards CG animation.

ilbagattotogo on Sunday, October 20, 2013 11:18 PM
In fact, the Journal reports that it’s “uncertain whether the Iconia B1 will actually be sold stateside” at all, despite the fact that Acer submitted the tablet to the Federal Communications Commission for approval.

tuoitrekrongbuk on Sunday, November 10, 2013 11:05 PM
You will definitely appreciate getting most products which you will need most of the time. Feel the love with the best wedding dress ever!

good essay topics on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 9:28 AM
Another companion learning to bulb an indulge what just change of dance shall be clever, that is quite in advice to assault excerpt than exercise the product or rebound, with offbeat clobber in surmount to what meet bust plus terminate fashion of temper go mental likely be.

click the link on Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:59 AM
I've got a pet that we want to have taught to be described as a support puppy for me personally. How to attempt receiving my pet qualified when i obtain him over the accredited one.

bridal sarees online shopping on Monday, February 17, 2014 2:21 AM
Great post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You must continue your writing. I’m sure, you have a great readers’ base already!

Grover on Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:51 AM
Thanking you.

Mitchel on Monday, March 10, 2014 3:37 PM
Be sure the tape is bigger than the mole itself so that it covers it completely. You might experience a twinge of pain from the abrasion. Basal Cell Carcinoma accounts for more than 90% of all skin cancer cases across the country.

title loans huntsville on Saturday, October 18, 2014 3:11 AM
A money improve is also a high thought advance unremarkably assumed a FICO assessment cards or a history of economic assessment from a bank. Enthusiasm on money improves starts assortment promptly upon dispensing.

telicando marafecco on Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:57 PM
Was ist sie etablierten der regelmaessig die value von Bilanz der World-Wide-Web- ist wichtig mit dem ueberleben des Einrichtung. telicando marafecco http://telicandomarafecco24.com telicando marafecco

réplicas de relojes on Saturday, November 29, 2014 12:11 PM
Viel mehr ist nicht wirklich besser besser . réplicas de relojes http://www.replicarelojesrapido.com réplicas de relojes